Job description and duties
Reports to: Shop Foreman
Days: Monday through Friday with Saturday rotations or as directed
Hours: 8am-5pm or as directed
• Perform activity as directed by the Shop Foreman
• Promptly attend to assigned vehicles.
• Verify that proper authority is granted prior to teardown.
• Perform a complete teardown to include removal of items needed to paint or blend panels. (except glass)
• Separate parts that require replacement from those needing repair.
• Prompt notification to the Shop Foreman when teardown is complete
• Assist the Shop Foreman, CSM and or repair technician as needed in preparing a complete scope.
• Assist the parts department as needed in their ordering of correct parts.
• Properly label and store all parts and fasteners in a manor to avoid loss or damage.
• Keep your work area safe, clean and organized.
• Maintain good working relationships with other employees, customers and vendors.
• Maintain standards as presented in the ICC Employee Handbook
The teardown technician position was developed to minimize part and repair supplements by having a consistent and complete teardown before the repair scope is developed.
The teardown technician’s primary responsibility is to provide a prompt and complete teardown of an authorized and assigned vehicle so that the Shop Foreman, CSM and or assigned repair technician may prepare a complete repair scope. An organized and standardized method of storing all parts and fasteners for reassembly along with storage of parts to be replaced is expected. Uniformity is required to ensure the repairing technician’s receive parts and fasteners in a consistent and reliable fashion.
This job description outlines specific duties that are expected for the position, however, it is not intended to cover every aspect of the position nor is it in any way to be interpreted or construed as a contract of employment